[Grml] RC 1.1 troubles (ignore last post)

C.M. Brannon cmbrannon at cox.net
Mon Jan 7 21:27:26 CET 2008

Michael Prokop <mika at grml.org> writes:

> Are you sure the ISO on your CD is *really* OK? Any chance to test
> it on another system to check whether it basically works at all?

Well, all of the MD5 digests were verified.  I even did
md5sum -c /mnt/cdrom/grml/md5sums
and all files were OK.
I tried it on another machine, and it wouldn't boot.  So it seems that
my disk must be defective, even though the contents of the filesystem
are OK according to md5sum.  I can think of several culprits.  For
one, I use cheap generic CD-R media.  I'll try this process again,
with some higher-quality disks.

Have a great day,
-- Chris