[Grml] RC 1.1 troubles (ignore last post)

D. Pathirana dpat at syn-net.org
Thu Jan 3 16:25:02 CET 2008

On 03.01.2008 13:42, Michael Prokop wrote:
> * D. Pathirana <dpat at syn-net.org> [20080103 13:32]:
>> On 01.01.2008 22:05, C.M. Brannon wrote:
>
>>> It seems unusual that the 1.1 RC1 disk won't boot, while the 1.0 CD
>>> will boot.
>>> I'm running without a monitor, so the boot sequence isn't visible. I
>>> should probably ask someone to connect a monitor and read the boot
>>> sequence to me, but that's a big hastle. Am I missing something here?
>>> Is anyone else booting the 1.1 RC1 live CD with speech?
>
>> I think can confirm you're problem but I believe that the problem is
>> unreleated to swspeak. See http://bts.grml.org/grml/issue348 for more
>> details.
>
> I don't think that your problems have something in common, due to:
>
> | But instead of booting the CD, I was presented with my hard-disk
> | installation of grml.
>
> IMHO on Chris' system the CD is never ever being read and therefore
> his harddisk system is booted instead.

Yeah! I at first thought that too but as Chris was able to boot with
grml-medium 1.0 (NOT sid_20071126 which also did not work for me) and as
he was able to enter "grml swspeak" at the boot prompt there could be
some similarities...

But let's wait for Chirs' answer. We will see...

> Darsha: regarding your problem I think it's either a kernel issue, a
> problem with the initrd or with syslinux - let's track the problem
> down together.

Yes! That would be really fine. Let's see if we can find a date together...

Greetings,
 - Darsha