[Grml] 1.1 rc1 - a small problem with "bouncing window"...

Michael Schierl schierlm at gmx.de
Tue Jan 1 23:39:36 CET 2008

Andy Elvey schrieb:

> Here is a photo (taken by my cellphone camera) of the "bouncing window"
> that I mentioned. (Sorry for the not-very-good quality of the camera...)

So you are in X. Does the same bouncing window appear as well before you
switch into X, on the console?

I assume I was right that a screenshot done with 'scrot' did not include
the boundy window, and the mouse pointer moves "below" it?

Do you have the model number of your LCD panel handy, so that we can
google for the manual and check what causes this message (and what
refresh rates it supports)?

Is your monitor connected via VGA or via DVI? A VGA connector has 3 rows
of pins as shown on <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA>, a DVI connector
looks like the image on <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVI>. Note that
you have to check the cable on the PC end, because on the monitor end
some manufacturers use their own, differently connected, plugs.

Michael