[Grml] recovery from mkfs error?

Jan-Pieter Jacobs janpieter.jacobs at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 21:31:00 CEST 2008

Well, had that also once.

First of all, if you have the place to make a full image of the disk
(using dd/dd_rescue/whatever) do it before you do anything else.
Then tools that might proof usefull:

* gpart: can automatically restore the old filesystem if you're lucky.
* autopsy: lets you browse deleted files via a webbrowser
* testdisk: scans and repairs lost partitions
* photorec: usefull for easy recovery of pictures on the partition
* magicrescue: does about the same as photorec, but for abitrary
			filetypes.

That are the tools I know of (and those I actually used)

Hope this helps you!

Jan-Pieter

--
You can check the integrity of this emailmessage with gpg.
Various gpg-frontends at http://www.gnupg.org/