[Grml] Loading 2.6.20-grmlEBDA is big ... booting hangs

John Magolske listmail at b79.net
Fri Apr 11 19:46:41 CEST 2008

> > I'm installing grml 1.1 on an HP tc1100 tablet. The Hard drive
> > has been replaced with a 12GB CF card (SanDisk Extreme III).
>
> > I stepped through the grml2hd process selecting all the defaults.
> > When booting, after the splash screen, this message comes up and
> > the machine hangs:

> >     overlaps LILO second stage
>
> grml 1.1 and kernel 2.6.20-grml? Are you sure about the version
> numbers?

Ah, that's a good clue!

On this CF card I'd previously installed grml 1.0, and must have
installed the bootmanager into the MBR of /dev/hda. With grml 1.1,
I installed the bootmanager into partition /dev/hda1. Re-running
grml2hd & installing the bootmanager into the MBR solves the problem.

Thanks for the speedy response,

John

--
John Magolske