[Grml] alps touchpad rc1

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Nov 26 13:35:02 CET 2007

* martin yazdzik <yazdzik at nyct.net> [20071126 13:11]:

> rc1 of 1.1 does everything just about perfectly - install is dead clean,
> and, as long as one knows what sources to use, one can have a complete
> desktop environment with all the bells and whistles pretty quickly.

Please notice that it's not really an official rc1 of 1.1, JFTR. ;)
Busy working on that...

> My Dell laptop, however, and most dell latitudes, which is a high
> percentage of business users' machines, uses the alps touchpad.
> Normally, the synaptics driver is loaded, no problem, but grml-x does
> not configure it, nor can I, even simply copying my current xorg.conf,
> get it to work.

[...]

> Both work in sidux, but I hate to have to reinstall it just to get the
> xorg.conf from it, if indeed, that is even the problem.

[...]

> What is up? Is this yet another udev does not like something issue?

Please upgrade grml-x from grml-testing (make sure you have the
grml-testing repository enabled in sources.list) and regenerate
xorg.conf then (there were some fscking changes in current X.org
which sadly required changes in grml-x as well):

# au ; agi grml-x ; grml-x -force -nostart fluxbox
% grml-x flubox

Does it work then? If not can you please share the generated
xorg.conf which is known to be "broken" and a working one (like the
one from sidux)?