[Grml] grml-live and local configuration

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sun Nov 11 19:02:48 CET 2007

* T o n g <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [20071111 18:36]:

> I found that there is no way to specify a local configuration for
> grml-live. I.e., I have to mess with /etc/grml/grml-live.conf file in
> order to configure anything, or rely on the limited command line. I know
> the grml-live is still not a finished product yet. So I hope in the
> final release, there is way for people to have their local configuration
> files. The benefits:

> - people don't need to mess with the official /etc/grml/grml-live.conf file

> - no need to deal with it manually when grml-live package updates.

> - local configuration file will only hold settings different from the
>   official file

> - people can have different configuration files

Yeah, good points, thanks. Definitely on my todolist! :)
Should be trivial to implement, so hopefully I can provide it with
the next, upcoming release already.

> - all /usr/share/grml-live/buildd/grml-live_autobuild_xxx.sh files
>   can be combined to one shell script, with difference in the configuration
>   file used only. This is much more maintainable.

Check out /etc/grml/grml-buildd.conf, if you miss something or have
any specific suggestions please let me know. I'm aware of the fact
that buildd is quite WFM so far - I really appreciate any feedback.