[Grml] grml-live, fai and package retreiving

T o n g mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 18:49:04 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm new to grml-live & fai. I don't understand why fai needs its own
sources.list file. Since it will be really rarely for people to choose
different mirrors from there preferred ones. Can we configure one less file
(/etc/grml/fai/apt/sources.list), telling grml-live to use the official
/etc/apt/sources.list by default instead?

,-----
| To avoid downloading the base system again and again check out FAI's NFSROOT
`-----

This is another point that I don't understand the fai's philosophy. The
"normal" Debian will cache the downloaded packages. Removing and installing
a package again and again won't cause the very package to be downloaded
again and again. Why fai behaves this way? Are the package downloaded by fai
cached at the official place?

Thanks, and for the excellent grml-live BTW.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/