[Grml] Request for Kernel

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 17:39:43 CET 2007

Hello all,

Last weekend I talked to some of the grml devs about building my own
kernel with Ingo Molnar's rt-preempt patch, CONFIG_HZ=1000, and
fully-preemptable kernel turned on.  (Additionally I was hoping to use
the linux-live scripts (www.linux-live.org), which require aufs +
squashfs to be built into the kernel.)  So far, I have failed.  I
would like to request that someone much smarter than me in the grml
team do this and make it an available kernel in the grml repos.  Or,
if you could provide me some additional help (tutoring, perhaps) with
building a kernel with these features in "the grml way", I would be
happy to do the work and contribute back to the grml community.

For context, my primary goal is to have a liveCD competely customized
for me to use on gigs with the various groups I play with.  For
example, this liveCD would be very, very lean, would have all of my
patches, synthesizers, etc. already programmed and ready, plus any
scripts I might use, etc.

Thank you,

--
Josh Lawrence