[Grml] followup to boot-hang

yazdzik yazdzik at nyct.net
Tue May 29 21:11:31 CEST 2007

Dear M and friends,

So, I did the quick and ugly, violent and disgusting solution:

I changed fstab first line to plain old /dev/sda4 and got rid of the
uuid stuff in the lilo append.

Now, I am writing from the new fangled grml 1.0.

However, having done this, aside from the schuldgefuehl, I would like to
know what went wrong with mounting via the uuid, why we do so in the
first place, and so on.

Since there are stupid things that do not work on my .9 box, like
axiom(really!) and everything works here, for now, I would like to move
all production laptops to grml 1, but need to know that everything will
work.

So, the question is: what changed to disable the mounting via uuid?

I suspect it is something I disabled in the runlevel.conf to speed
booting along.

Also, while on that topic, there has to be a way to complete disable and
remove all raid like things from boot-up for laptops, no?

Warm regards to all,

Martin