[Grml] grml on USB flash drive or CF through cardbus adaptor.

gary ng garyng2000 at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 05:53:47 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am wondering if there anyone has experience with
this kind of usage, both in terms of performance and
possibility to boot(in the case of cardbus)

In the case of USB(most newer machine with 2.0 can
boot without any problem), I believe it would be
slower to boot comparing with USB HD(throughput
difference but would still be much faster than CD) but
would it be faster to use once boot as ReadyBoost on
Vista relies on the much faster seek time ?

As for the cardbus mode, if it cannot be boot from
there, is there any support in grml boot mode where I
can boot from a CD(which is slow) yet with the real
meat pull from another device say USB drive or cardbus
? This can be quite useful for some older
notebook/machine where the boot option is very
limited(just CD or IDE).

thanks for any pointer in advance.

regards,

gary
PS. please CC if possible as I am not on the list but
do read it from the archive.