[Grml] time zone configuration, minor problem.

Doug Smith bdsmith at buncombe.main.nc.us
Fri Mar 9 08:02:32 CET 2007

Ok, I am sorry I am writing about this again.  However, here's whyu.
I pulled in my mail today, and I had 104 messages, most of them
absolute and total first order junk.  Well, mailfilter to the rescue,
and, as far as I know now, I am getting only the messages I want.

Well, I need to know how to solve this: I have runb tzconfig as root,
and set the time zone to the proper us-eastern.  Tzconfig says, on
repeated runs that this is what I am set to.  However, I still, when
running date, get results in CET.  My TZ invironmental variable didn't
change when I ran the configuration program.  Shœuld I just change
this variable's value, then run ntpdate on the time server?

Thanks.

--
Doug Smith: C.S.F.C.
Computer Scientist For CHRIST