[Grml] adp94xx driver

David Koski david at kosmosisland.com
Mon Jun 25 16:42:42 CEST 2007

On Monday 25 June 2007 01:58, Michael Prokop wrote:
> * David Koski <david at kosmosisland.com> [20070625 06:15]:
> > I thought that grml has the adp94xx driver so I downloaded version
> > 1.0, burned the iso to CD and mounted it.  I noticed there is no
> > driver adp94* in /lib/modules/2.6.20-grml/* recursive.  Is it
> > supported or not?  The README for version 0.9 shows it should be
> > there:
> >
> > http://grml.org/files/README-0.9.php
> >
> > Has adp94xx been dropped?  If so, where can I get it?  I am looking
> > for a way to install generic Debian on hardware that requires
> > adp94xx and grml seemed to be a good path.
>
> IIRC adp94xx has been integrated as aic94xx in mainline 2.6.19.
>
> % uname -a
> Linux funkenzutzler 2.6.20-grml #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Apr 22 13:28:02 CEST
> 2007 i686 GNU/Linux % modinfo aic94xx | grep description
>
> Please correct me if I'm wrong (I don't own an Adaptec SAS/SATA
> controller).

I don't believe the aic94xx driver is the same as adp94xx, which has
proprietary code.  Given Debian's strict policies, I would be
surprised if they adopted adp94xx code.  I tried to install a
modified Debian stable (2.6.18 kernel + aic94xx) install without
success.  That when it was indicated to me that the adp94xx is
needed.  RedHat reportedly comes with adp94xx drivers, which are
required for my specific Adaptec chip.  I was hoping grml had them
too, as indicated in the README.

Thank You,
David Koski
david at kosmosisland.com