[Grml] screenreader and grml

Maurice McCarthy moss at mythic-beasts.com
Sun Jun 3 08:27:26 CEST 2007

Hi Adam

I've been digging around a little to try to help. You probably already
know what Mika wrote a few days ago but I'll just quote him to make sure:

Mika: If you don't own a hardware synthesizer you might want to use
software speakup. Just boot grml with "grml swspeak" and as soon as
booting finished (you should hear an informational sound then) type
"swspeak" in the commandline. Then the computer should start talking
to you. :)

So that is how to start it. Swspeak means "software synthesizer for
Speakup". The Speakup User's Guide is at

http://www.linux-speakup.org/spkguide.txt

Lastly, there is some grml configuration help on the wiki page at

http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=accessibility&s=swspeak

Best Wishes and I hope this is of some assistance,
Maurice