[Grml] noon initrd question

martin yazdzik yazdzik at nyct.net
Mon Jul 16 17:50:40 CEST 2007

Dear Friends,

On my explerimental partition, just for fun, and to test drivers, &c, I
sometimes do things either adventursome or stupid, depending upon one's
point of view.

I should like to install the grml 2.6.22 kernel, but, having installed
the image, sources, some modules I use, &c,  after mkinitrdramfs while
the package is built and installed, lilo is correct, upon boot
everything fails because, at least according to the running text, it
does not find /lib/modules...?

Now, lib modules 2.6.22 is there, but very sparsely populated.

Could someone, forgiving my inexperience and inadequacy, tell me, step
by step, how to make this kernel work, as I am either failing to install
something necessary, or failing to create the proper initrd image?

I apologise for the inconvenience.

All good wishes,

martin
In caecus terrae, luscus rex est.