[Grml] nfs - impossible to mount a remote nfs-share [Solved]

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Mon Jul 16 08:23:44 CEST 2007

* Frank Eisenblaetter <feisenbl at gmx.de> [20070715 18:15]:
> * Michael Prokop <mika at grml.org> [070713 16:04]:

> > Does updating to nfs-common 1:1.1.0-8 help?

> Now I know portmap an nfs-common weren't the problem. The problem was
> that the loopbackinterface didn't come up automatically at boot. I set
> it to

> auto lo

> and now everything works perfect. So the problem was that statd
> couldn't contact portmap because of the missing loopback device.

Ah, thanks for feedback.

> I wonder why loopbackdevice isnt't configured to come up automatically
> at boot after a fresh hd installation.

By default that's activated at grml (/etc/network/interfaces):

# The loopback interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

So if you use a grml system either you found a bug we weren't aware
of yet (please report it if you find this behaviour once again) or
you modified /etc/network/interfaces on your own. :)

Anyway, great that your issues seems to be fixed now.