[Grml] nfs - impossible to mount a remote nfs-share [Solved]

Frank Eisenblaetter feisenbl at gmx.de
Sun Jul 15 18:07:21 CEST 2007

* Michael Prokop <mika at grml.org> [070713 16:04]:
> * Frank Eisenblaetter <feisenbl at gmx.de> [20070712 20:15]:
> > * Michael Prokop <mika at grml.org> [070712 19:29]:
>
> > > Localhost only? Is that what you want?
> > > Did you activate 'OPTIONS="-i 127.0.0.1"' inside your
> > > /etc/default/portmap? Try disabling that option, does it work then?
>
> > I thought that I don't need portmap listening on an external interface
> > on the client side.
> > I don't think that this is the problem. I disabled this option and
> > again the restart of portmap took extremly long and after that the
> > problem still exists.
>
> Does updating to nfs-common 1:1.1.0-8 help?

Now I know portmap an nfs-common weren't the problem. The problem was
that the loopbackinterface didn't come up automatically at boot. I set
it to

auto lo

and now everything works perfect. So the problem was that statd
couldn't contact portmap because of the missing loopback device.

I wonder why loopbackdevice isnt't configured to come up automatically
at boot after a fresh hd installation.

regards,
feis