[Grml] Re: Debian Etch and grml

s. keeling keeling at spots.ab.ca
Sat Jan 6 02:34:12 CET 2007

Incoming from Frank Terbeck:
> Mark <27e3kk302 at sneakemail.com>:
> > DD(?):
> > > As a DD, I have to violently disagree with these three "translations".
> >
> > ...which is one reason we use grml.  Choice is good.
>
> Choice is good. Agreed.
> Yet, choice does not increase the truth of your claims.

I agree.  I thought the "buggy" characterization was reversed.
Stable's the least buggy.  It may be old, but that's good if you're
demanding stability, which is what Debian's always been about.  It's
not buggy.  It's had years of bug reports from thousands of users
folded back into it since it was considered (at that time) testing.

I look at things like grml as terrific features on top of Debian and
free software.  grml's on the frontlines in the war on bugs.  They're
just a little bit more careful than Sid people about when they stick
their heads up.  They're also confident that even "unstable"
Debian/Linux/FS is way usable, and can perform some pretty awesome
tricks.  I think that's pretty cool.

To the DD who took exception here, feh, he's just a kid who doesn't
know what he's talking about.  Educate him (the kid, not the DD :-).

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling      Please don't Cc: me.
- -