[Grml] Grub on USB Stick

Patrick patritsch at gmx.ch
Fri Feb 23 17:10:44 CET 2007

Hi Together

I'm trying to boot from my USB-Stick. I have an CF-USB adapter 512MB and
a 4GB Stick. Both have the same problem. After an grml2usb my
Genode-System won't boot. So I mad it with Grub.

My /boot/grub/menue.lst:

title   Grml minirt
root    (hd0,0)
kernel  /boot/vmlinu root=/dev/sda1 ro acpi=off ramdisk_size=100000
init=/etc/init lang=us usb apm=power-off vga=791 nomce BOOT_IMAGE=grml
initrd  /boot/minirt.img
boot

I had to make an initrd.img and I made it like wirtten in the wiki:

#update-initramfs -u -t -k $(uname -r)

I got:

Could not stat the resume device file....
/scripts/init-bottom  |no such file or directory
/root/sys	|no such file or directory
/proc		|no such file or directory

so I tried it again with the original minirt26.gz. after a
#gzip -d minirt26.gz and renamed as minirt26.img i can boot with grub
but I got now only:

Could not stat the resume device file....
/scripts/local-bottom |done
Begin: Running /scripts/init-bottom...
mount: Mounting /root/dev on /dev/.static/dev faild: No such file or
directory