[Grml] Re: Well, blast, I'll have to try that one again.

Michael Gebetsroither gebi at sbox.tugraz.at
Sun Feb 11 00:43:49 CET 2007

Quoting Mark <27e3kk302 at sneakemail.com>:

> A different script called grml2usb creates a device which does imitate
> grml live CD.

It does by no means imitate a live-cd. It _IS_ a live cd, only on a
e.g usb-stick.

> It is meant for smaller capacity devices like flash
> sticks.

You could also install it on a normal hd.

> Note to Mika:  could rename "grml2usb" as "grml2flash" to avoid
> confusion between these scripts.  Both of them work on USB devices, but
> one is meant for hard drives, the other for flash sticks.

NACK
Both could be used for both types of devices.
Imho grml2usb is even more right, because grml2usb is for all mobile
devices (hd's, usb-sticks, flash-devices, ...). It retains all
autodetecting capabilities of the live-cd.
Btw... where is the difference between usb sticks and hd's?
16GB usb-sticks are available e.g from kingston. 4GB sticks are easily
buyable.

cu,
Michael