[Grml] Network devices - stop automatic connection

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu Feb 8 22:33:03 CET 2007

* Frank Eisenblaetter <feisenbl at gmx.de> [20070208 22:15]:

> I use grml on hd.

> 1)
> I have configured my networdevices at /etc/network/interfaces. There
> is no automatic ifup configured in it, but if I am connected to my
> router the networkconnection get's automatically established on startup
> of the system:

> * Network device eth0 detected, DHCP broadcasting for IP
> (Backgrounding)

> I think the connection get's established because an init script
> detects my networkdevice an runs a DHCP-client butI dont't know
> which script it is.

The script named grml-autoconfig within grml2hd asked you for
setting it:

| [x] check for network devices and run pump (get ip-address via DHCP)

> How can i stop the autoconnection of my network device(s)?
> Or is there an other grml/debian way of configuring network devices?

Either run grml-autoconfig and deactivate the dhcp option or
manually set CONFIG_DHCP='no' in /etc/grml/autoconfig.

> 2)
> On system startup I get the message:

> EXT3-fs warning: maximal mountcount

> The message tells me that I should run e2fsck. Why isn't this done
> automatical as it is on any other linux I uses before?

Because max-mount-counts and interval-between-checks for ext3 is set
to '0' within grml2hd using tune2fs. This way you will never have an
unwanted, unexpected delay at booting your system just because of an
automatic filesystem check.