[Grml] Grml initrd

][ mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 04:42:33 CET 2007

Hi,

I've been trying for several weeks to make my grml USB pen bootable. I
think  I finally found the problem, quite a simple one -- I need a initrd
which has findfs to find the root device.

However, I didn't find a initrd in my grml2hd disk, and neither the
minirt26.gz borrowed from grml_small_0.3.iso works.

So, is there anywhere I can get a grml initrd, or I have to build one
myself? If so, any good source of info for the building?

thanks

PS. Here is what I get:

 Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root
fs on unknown-block(0,0)

My grub menu.lst:

 title           Debian Live
 root            (hd0,1)
 kernel          /boot/vmlinuz root=UUID=b53f0a8b-deab-40b3-a84c-0779cb8b7772 ro
 initrd          /boot/minirt26.gz
 boot

 title           From grml.live
 root            (hd0,1)
 kernel          /boot/vmlinuz root=LABEL=grml.live ro
 initrd          /boot/minirt26.gz
 boot

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)