[Grml] VirtualBox and Grml

- Tong - mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 20 02:07:36 CEST 2007

Hi,

I remember while browsing planet.grml.org the other day, I saw one grml
developer (mika, was it you?) highly praised the VirtualBox, stating that it
is even faster than VMware. This get me very excited. Can someone give me
some 101 introduction to VirtualBox, because I found most VirtualBox
articles are for Ubuntu.

Moreover, seems VirtualBox need to be compiled from source [1]. Can we
have a VirtualBox package in grml?

Also "before installing VirtualBox, your Linux OS has to satisfy some
software requirements: in particular, you will need libxalan-c, libxerces-s
and version 5 of libstdc++. Unfortunately, these packages are found under
different names in the repositories of various Linux distributions so
installing them will most likely cause problems" [2]. Can we straight
things up in grml as well?

thanks

[1] http://www.go2linux.org/node/54
[2] http://www.softpedia.com/reviews/linux/VirtualBox-Review-47550.shtml