[Grml] Re: [grml-bugs] bug#25: Wish lists for enhancing the grml configuration system

- Tong - mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 15:08:23 CEST 2007

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:17:17 +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:

> So it would become:
>
> | config.d  =>   restore all tbz. files from directory /cdrom/config.d/

Thinking into the future, after this is done, if I want to exclude
the /var/lib/dpkg/ from the CD and put it as
/cdrom/config.d/00var.lib.dpkg.tbz, is it a good idea?

The reason that I want to do it is that, the /var/lib/dpkg/
directory alone is about 80~90M, which is rather expensive for the
50M grml-small. However, if I do that, I am worry about the memory
limitation, because grml don't mount any swap partitions by
default, what if I need to run such configured grml on a 128M
memory PC?

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sf.net/techdocs/