[Grml] Re: version-.h and characters

martin yazdzik yazdzik at nyct.net
Fri Apr 6 12:30:46 CEST 2007

>> It may have to do with the compiler verions, since when I install grml
>> whatever is in unstable I get?
>
> I always (at least try to) ship the compiler version with grml that has
> been used for building the kernel. It's always the current one from
> Debian/unstable, right.

Right - I had upgraded the compiler on my "experimental" partition -
apparently, the make file is a sensitive creature, abhorring contact with
younger partners.

As always, you are correct in the way you put the distro together, and
dilletants like me should refraining from using apt to get....  ;)

Obviously, on mission critical machines, with no updates, installer works
as expected.

Regards,