[Grml] USERGROUPS=no ?

Wolfgang Scheicher worf at sbox.tu-graz.ac.at
Thu Sep 28 15:52:27 CEST 2006

Am Thursday, 28. September 2006 11:04 schrieb Michael Prokop:
> * Wolfgang Scheicher <worf at sbox.tu-graz.ac.at> [20060927 12:15]:
>> Since still nobody could give me a reason why every user should have his
>> own group (or can you?) i prefer setting USERGROUPS=no in
>> /etc/adduser.conf
>>
>> experimenting with remastering grml i found out that there are some
>> places with a "chmod grml.grml <dir>"
>
> Well, I assume you mean "chown grml.grml <dir>". ;)

err, yeah... *headonmousepadbonk*

>> ( /etc/grml/autoconfig.functions, /etc/init.d/grml-home )
>>
>> I think by changing this to "chmod grml: <dir>" we would support both
>> ways. Well, and since i would like it that way, i'm requesting that
>> little change :)
>
> But that would break permissions.

Uh, no i don't think so, it does exactely the same.
I tested it, and "chown user: <dir>" always did also change the group to the
users main group.
(notice the difference between "chown user <dir>" and "chown user: <dir>")

Anyway, it's only a minor issue. Right now i'm fighting with grml-x and the
shutdown process... and hotplugable devices.

Worf