[Grml] Rerunning lilo

Scott Ford w8sef at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 23 15:39:53 CEST 2006

Hi everyone,
	I am new to the list and Linux.  I installed GRML on my Toshiba a55.
I am blind and I was able to resize my hard drive, and install the grml to
the hard drive with no problem.  This is what I had partitioned my hard
drive to, hda1 26G, hda2 2g fat32, hda3 1G Linux swap, and hda4 Linux.
Thank you guys for setting up such an awesome distribution.  I have been
looking for this for a long time.   I have been reading and learning .  I
figured that I would reconfigure my hard rive so that I had an extended
partition.  This is what I changed it to hda1 26G ntfs, hda2 1G Linux swap,
hda33G Linux, hda4 extended, hda5 fat16 5G, and hda6 4G Linux.  I reran the
grml2hd script, it went well, it said that lilo ran successfully.  However
it did not.  So I mounted hda3 the Linux partition, and copied the
/mnt/hda3/etc/lilo.conf to the /etc/lilo.conf.  I then ran /sbin/lilo It
failed saying that /dev/hda3 is not set to be active.  I then discovered
that the line /device/hda3 was in the place where /dev/had been in my
original configuration.  I attempted to change it to /dev/had.  I tried to
rerun lilo again, it failed attempting to map to unmapped device oxoee or
something.  I am sorry I did not write exactly what it said down. However I
believe that you guys probably are familiar with what is happening.  I do
not have a clue though.  I cannot seem to find any thing on what is
happening on the net either.  Thank you guys in advanced.
Scott