[Grml] Re: A view requests to make remastering easier

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Fri Sep 22 17:07:29 CEST 2006

* T <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [20060922 05:15]:
> On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:47:59 +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:

> >>   - just create xorg.conf, but don't start xorg

> > Ok, so you mean you want to get a special bootoption which runs 'grml-x
> > -force -nostart wm-ng' in background during bootup?

> I think that should be default, if there is no xorg.conf created.

NACK

> So if I feel like to start X, just type startx, without any pre-req
> hassles. If I want to further configure my ATI drivers, the
> default xorg.conf is already there for the "aticonfig"...

> The special bootoption should be, instead, disable generating xorg.conf in
> background during bootup.

No. You have to specify the window manager you want to use in any case.
And as soon as a xorg.conf exists you can use startx anyway.

You like grml?  Help us!      http://grml.org/donations/
Already on the grml-user-map? http://www.frappr.com/grmlusers
The Grml Planet               http://planet.grml.org/
Grml Solutions                http://solutions.grml.org/