[Grml] Re: RFC: handling of external usb devices

Mark 27e3kk302 at sneakemail.com
Fri Sep 8 22:54:54 CEST 2006

> For example I have several devices with label GRMLCFG, so your "It
> doesn't happen." definitely isn't true.

Wow, that's right:  grml encourages duplicate labels that way.  Quite a
bad thing.  How does grml decide among all those duplicates?

> you have to take care of
> users which are used to "Linux' default".

Right:  A sysadmin should decide how he wants to do things, and grml
should maximize his options.  Preference settings can help.

> When reading UUID=<insert_long_nummer_here> in fstab you very
> probably won't know what kind of device it is. That's what I don't
> like.

A simple comment line above the UUID solves that.

Anyway you are the best and will come up with something good.  You asked
for comments.  Grml listens well.  Even though we may disagree over
minor stuff, I appreciate grml.  It is the most capable Linux I have
ever used.  That is saying something too, because I have tried them all.