[Grml] Re: mixing of distributions grml - unstable - testing - sarge for notebook

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 27 16:18:06 CEST 2006

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:03:23 +0200, Erich Minderlein wrote:

> Hallo Liste
>
> For the user applications I would like to use as much as possible
> stable applications, also for a low update rate.
> (gnome desktop, gdm, evolution...)
> For the hardware I am forced to use up to date
> kernel drivers X server etc .
> I did not succeed ...

that *is* going to be the result of what you are asking for.

IMHO, the only way that can satisfy all your requirements is to install
grml, switch to testing repository, then update only if absolutely
necessary.

It will be stable, with low update rate and have all your hardware working.

my 2c

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/