[Grml] Re: config id used in grml-rebuildfstab

Erich Minderlein erminderlein at locoware.de
Fri Oct 27 12:25:54 CEST 2006

Hallo

When I install a regular debian sarge
I am induced to enter a non root user to receive certain mails etc.
This user has then uid 1000 gid 1000.

Since converting old PCs to debian sarge now I own 3 (three)
installations where this is my identity and I use it for my regular
work. For a new notebook, which does not work with sarge, I choose to
use grml, and have not yet come to the point of installing my user
account.
I have this for purposes like NIS and nfs and I use it for nfs.
this habit should be taken into account

An user like  grml-rebuildfstab who is doing system work should not have
an uid gid in the normal user range, but in the range 1-999

my 2cts worth of brain damage

best regards
--
Erich Minderlein <erminderlein at locoware.de>