[Grml] Re: config id used in grml-rebuildfstab

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu Oct 26 17:21:07 CEST 2006

* T <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [20061026 17:15]:
> On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 12:16:14 +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:

> >> grml-rebuildfstab executes '"rebuildfstab -v -r -u $fstabuser -g
> >> $fstabuser'"  where $fstabuser is the user with the UID 1000.

> >> Is this UID 1000, GID 1000 configurable somewhere?

> > Not yet.

> > If you want to adjust the alias for your needs just redefine the
> > alias via ~/.zshrc.local or /etc/zsh/zshrc.local.

> % ls -l ~/.zshrc.local /etc/zsh/zshrc.local
> ls: /root/.zshrc.local: No such file or directory
> ls: /etc/zsh/zshrc.local: No such file or directory

The files don't exist by default, it allows you to create your own
configuration for zsh without having to touch the files shipped by
debian packages. The files are sourced by /etc/zsh/zshrc and
$HOME/.zshrc (the file deriving from /etc/skel/.zshrc).

> % type grml-rebuildfstab
> bash: type: grml-rebuildfstab: not found

Wrong shell. :)

> Hm.., how is rebuildfstab called when new device is plugged in? It
> should not be a alias, should it?

man rebuildfstab

> > But I'll think about it whether we can use a less static version.

> thanks, I hope we can do it in /etc/grml/autoconfig, we have CONFIG_FSTAB
> already at least.

This is what I'm planning to do, yes. (Needs detailed design though
because of the several places where rebuildfstab is used.)