[Grml] Re: FW: [rdiff-backup-users] Debian debs with patch fix for #355178

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sat Nov 18 12:17:13 CET 2006

* Michael Prokop <mika at grml.org> [20061114 13:24]:
> * devzero at web.de <devzero at web.de> [20061110 22:50]:

[librsync: problems with >4gb files]

> If the problem really still exists I'd like to see it fixed in the
> main Debian package as well, so the upcoming Debian release (etch)
> does not suffer from a serious problem in librsync and related
> packages.

> I'm currently running out of time, can anyone of you test it and
> send a bugreport against the package with accurate severity level?

formorer was so kind to prepare a NMU package. Before uploading the
package to the Debian pool I tried to verify the described behaviour
but wasn't able to reproduce it. Running rdiff-backup on a >4GB file
did not cause any problems here.

I sent a f'up to #355178 (see
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=355178 for
details) and requested the steps how to reproduce the problem.

JFYI