[Grml] Re: FW: [rdiff-backup-users] Debian debs with patch fix for #355178

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Tue Nov 14 13:22:38 CET 2006

* devzero at web.de <devzero at web.de> [20061110 22:50]:

> for the moment i have no suitable debian system for testing
> around, but this one (see below) is an important bugfixed version
> of librsync and also rdiff-backup, countaining a patch which fixes
> a >4gb file problem.

> maybe some candidate for 0.9  !? (needs testing, though)

> for details, also see
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1439412&group_id=56125&atid=479441

> librsync folks still didn`t do a new librsync release because the
> maintainers seem to have more important to do with their other
> projects ;)

If the problem really still exists I'd like to see it fixed in the
main Debian package as well, so the upcoming Debian release (etch)
does not suffer from a serious problem in librsync and related
packages.

I'm currently running out of time, can anyone of you test it and
send a bugreport against the package with accurate severity level?

thanks && regards,