[Grml] xsel: Doesn't work correctly in a UTF-8 environment

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 15 18:01:34 CET 2006

Hi

I notice an outstanding bugs for xsel -- Doesn't work correctly in a UTF-8
environment. However, there is a patch for it:

,-----
| This adds UTF8 support without breaking things. New command-line option
| (-u|--utf8) switches between XA_STRING and UTF8_STRING selection
| targets. When UTF8_STRING is not supported by X-server, xsel falls back to
| XA_STRING.
|
| Please note, this patch also fixes #203925 (manpage bug).
`-----

mika, would you be so kind to build a new version with the patch, since it
is already 2 years and 283 days old?

thanks

PS. for mlist, If you don't use/know xsel, I highly recommend it.

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)
  http://xpt.sourceforge.net/