[Grml] ATI drivers vs. Mesa

Werner Schuster (murphee) werner.schuster at gmail.com
Thu May 25 21:33:45 CEST 2006

Michael Prokop wrote:

>Are you using Xorg 7.0? Is you system up2date?

Nope, it's using Xorg 6.9; do I have to do something special to get 7.0?
I guess I did an apt-get upgrade about a week (or so) ago.

>What does 'dpkg --get-selections | grep xlib' say?

xlibmesa-dri                                    install
xlibmesa-gl                                     install
xlibs                                           install
xlibs-data                                      install

>The last method to solve the problem would be a 'dpkg -i
>--force-overwrite ~deb/fglrx-driver_8.25.18-1_i386.deb'.

I guess that just overwrites the Mesa libGL?  I'll try that.

Thanks,

murphee