[Grml] new kernel to get new ati driver

my yazdzik at nyct.net
Sat Jul 29 05:39:44 CEST 2006

Dear M and Friends,

One of the few weak spots in grml was the lack of ability to install the
latest ati drivers as they came out.  How safe is it to apt get the new
grml kernel and fglrx driver, to wit, since I must have the ndiswrapper
work, will module assistant be able to make sure that the ndiswrapper works
with the new kernel, so I have the pleasure of being able to connect to the
internet and plage you with ignorant questions?

I would still love dearly to be able to install and run a custom kernel, as
the boot up time here is still longer than it need be, and I suspect there
might be some gains in speed to be had throughout.

If I were to wait for grml 8, due out, I presume, soon, will the kernel
recompile be straightforward, as in debian, and the modules all work
without a hitch? Will there be a way to apt install all the grml patches?

I know you need noobs like a case of diptheria, but I appreciate the help.

Best,
Martin