[Grml] grml and vmware

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 15 23:58:30 CEST 2006

Hi

Anybody has successfully installed vmware under grml hd installation?

I bumped into the following 2 problems:

- vmware-install.pl asks for the rc?.d directories:

What is the directory that contains the init directories (rc0.d/ to
rc6.d/)?

- vmware-config.pl asks for kernel header files

The 2nd is the one that stops me.

I have linux-kernel-headers-grml installed, but that alone did not work.
So I went ahead and installed linux-headers-2.6.16-2
linux-headers-2.6.16-2-686, but I was stopped by the following:

The directory of kernel headers (version 2.6.16-2-686) does not match your
running kernel (version 2.6.16-grml).  Even if the module were to compile
successfully, it would not load into the running kernel.

It went back to ask me for kernel header files.

Please help

thanks