[Grml] fluxbox auto raise

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 15 12:27:49 CEST 2006

[redirected from gmane.linux.debian.user, because I now think that this
might be a grml specific question]

> > Upgraded from Debian stable into testing, I notice one most important
> > feature missing from fluxbox -- the SloppyFocus mode. Ie, the mode of
> > traditional X behaviour -- auto raise the window when the mouse stay
> > on a window for a while.
> >
> > Anybody else misses the feature? what's the workaround?
> >
> > thank.
> >
> > PS my fluxbox:
> >   Installed: 0.9.14-1.2
> >   Candidate: 0.9.14-1.2
>
> Running Sid, same version of fluxbox, and I can get that behavior by
> choosing Configuration > Focus Model > Auto Raise.

As said in OP, I can't get auto raise works for fluxbox. Anybody can do
that?

This is what I tried:

create a new user. In its home directory, there are no .x* .X* files, nor
the .fluxbox directory.

echo exec fluxbox > ~/.xsession

then startx.

Ie, in above X/fluxbox setting, everything is taken from system. However,
having choosing Configuration > Focus Model > Auto Raise, I still can't
get the auto raise feature. So I think that this issue is related to how
grml configure X/fluxbox by default.

Please help. I can't do without the auto raise feature.
Thanks