[Grml] persistent root?

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Wed Jul 5 20:18:30 CEST 2006

* T <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [20060705 18:15]:
> On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 08:01:11 +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:

> > ... Adjust your live-cd system with the configuration framework:
> > http://grml.org/config/

> If one can afford the persistenthome, ie, have a local partition to use,
> would it a great idea to offer a total persistent grml system on local
> partition?

> I mean, since we can use the unionfs to allows user to install packages,
> tweak configs, why don't we save the changes on disk, instead of in ram.
> So with persistentroot, no need to save-config/restore-config every time...

Someone has to implement it. :) I have some more important stuff on
my todo list and would like to see unionfs in a more stable state
before doing such a major modification with unionctl (inclusion in
mainline kernel once would be great).

You like grml?  Help us!      http://grml.org/donations/
Already on the grml-user-map? http://www.frappr.com/grmlusers
Grml Solutions                http://solutions.grml.org/