[Grml] persistent root?

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 5 18:01:41 CEST 2006

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 08:01:11 +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:

> ... Adjust your live-cd system with the configuration framework:
> http://grml.org/config/

Hi, just a thought...

If one can afford the persistenthome, ie, have a local partition to use,
would it a great idea to offer a total persistent grml system on local
partition?

I mean, since we can use the unionfs to allows user to install packages,
tweak configs, why don't we save the changes on disk, instead of in ram.
So with persistentroot, no need to save-config/restore-config every time...