[Grml] ReadOnly Filesystem after upgrade

Werner Schuster (murphee) werner.schuster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 12:43:52 CEST 2006

Ahoi there,

I use the GRML HD installed version on my laptop (X20);
I ran an apt-get upgrade yesterday (monday), which seemed to work alright,
but when I rebooted the system later on, the root filesystem is only mounted
readonly, and systems like the /prov directory aren't hooked up (the
runlevel says "2").

Mounting /proc and remounting rw works, but I can't seem to get the system
to hold on to those settings (/etc/fstab has / with "default" options etc).
I also ran fsck  twice, but nothing seems to be wrong.

Can't really give any more information, but here the last few lines of
dmesg:
md: Autodetecting RAID arrays.
md: autorun ...
md: ... autorun DONE.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 280k freed
kjournald starting.  Commit interval 5 seconds
device-mapper: dm-multipath version 1.0.4 loaded

I wonder if the RAID system (md...) could be causing problems (I didn't set
up anything RAID related).

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong?
Were  there some bad package in yesterdays upgrades?

Thanks,
murphee