[Grml] grml 0.6 pre

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sun Jan 22 00:29:06 CET 2006

* chw at macmail.com <chw at macmail.com> [20060122 00:15]:

> grml 0.6 pre : grml usb2 nofb - the same as before

Please boot with:

nofb usb2

and *not* with:

grml usb2 nofb

> grml 0.5 ; grml usb2 fbset -i -it works same as only grml usb2.

Please boot with:

grml usb2

and run 'fbset -i' in console *afterwards* then (when booting
finished).

> For my grml2hd can i install grml 0.5 and with a apt-get
> dist-upgrade i get grml 0.6 -but also vesafb-tng is replaced by
> normal vesafb ???

If you don't upgrade the kernel, you won't lose vesafb-tng.
Upgrading to grml 0.6 (see
http://grml.supersized.org/archives/136-update-to-grml-0.6.html for
more details) won't touch your kernel and upgrading the kernel isn't
necessary basically.

Only if you run 'apt-get install linux-image-2.6.15-grml' you will
get the current kernel from grml 0.6 including vesafb-tng.

You like grml?  Help us!      http://grml.org/donations/
Already on the grml-user-map? http://www.frappr.com/grmlusers
grml-solutions                http://solutions.grml.org/