[Grml] new on grlm; questions about version 0.6

william windels william.windels at telenet.be
Sun Feb 19 22:38:20 CET 2006

Hello,
I am new on the grml distribution but I work already 2 years with linux.
I am completely blind and I use brltty as screenreader.

1: at the moment I have running the grml distribution 0.6 with mutt 1.5.11 ,
sendmail, procmail and postfix as mta.

Before , I was working with exim (version 3) as mta on a other distribution.

Is it not possible to configure mutt to work alone for the following things:
- send and receive mail (without external mta)
- sort the mail in different mailboxes conform the filters?
- each user with his own <;muttrc-file?

For example, you can do this with outlook express on ms windows: to send and
receive mail, you need only your login with pasword from your provider to
receive your mail and the smtp-server from the provider.
You can also create filters to sort the incomming mails.
But, I love linux much more than windows :)

There are also such programs on the x-windows-system I think
but I am completely blind and I can not work with x-windows because of that.
I can only work with console-programs.

2: perhaps it should be a good idea to add some new function(s) to the
user-configuration:
- a way to create new users

for root:
- a way to update the security packages available
- perhaps a way to (re)compile the kernel on a user-friendly based system?

3: mounting devices automatically from fstab:
As Michael prokop said already , I can not change mountpoints of found
devices during hd_install.
This is explained with the following lines:

# Warning! Please do *not* change any lines below
#because they are auto-generated by rebuildfstab!

How can I simply change mount-points of found devices
so that they are automatically mounted in the new mountpoints after next
reboot?

If I do rebuildfstab after changing the mountpoints , I receive no message
but the devices are not launched automatically.

4: text-packages:
Is it not possible to add a configuration-option to the hd_install so that
only text-related packages are installed?
Perhaps, the packages could be stored in 2 compressed parts on the cd: one
for the consolestuff and one for the x-windows system.