[Grml] grml-small PXE kernel

Markus Wigge mwigge at marcant.net
Mon Dec 11 10:04:19 CET 2006

Hi there,

>> I managed to add a section to linuxrc of the netboot 0.8 package which
>> downloads the seconds stage via http, but after updating the files to
>> the grml-small 0.3 kernel and modules I noticed it lacks unionfs support?!
>
> What exactly are you doing there?
>
> The unionfs-module is *not* part of the kernel itself, it's a module
> (unionfs.ko) located in /modules/ of initrd.
ok, I updated the kernel to the grml-small kernel and only had a look at
the modules under /lib/modules...
I apparently did not notice the /modules directory. Why do you put these
modules separately from the others?

But I did not yet find the unionfs modules for the grml-small kernel,
only for the "big" grml kernel.

BTW: what tools do you guys prefer to clone partitions (windows and
linux installations in an education network) partimage seemed to be
quite unstable on my last tests.

thanks for your answer,
  Markus