[Grml] grml-tips sarge success

Erich Minderlein erminderlein at locoware.de
Sun Dec 3 22:14:38 CET 2006

Hallo

I have done two different trials today:
a) first I followed grml-tips sarge, but instead of doing base-config as
written down on the CDROM, I switched to use the etch sequence. I have
come as far as installing a kernel, but this fails on the creation of
the mkinitrd.
The /dev/sda3 which is needed is not accepted as a block device.

b) The trial with grml-debootstrap runs very smooth after eliminating
all input errors it installed a sarge first with a kernel of sarge,
which does not boot,
then I changed sources list and it installed 2.6.18-grml in chroot.
Now lsmod shows only a module for ipv6 . nothing else.
Fine tuning is now required:
fstab, modules (installation in chroot needed)  and usb devices.
When I have the usb HDD available, I can copy back all /etc/* which were
once prepared and still do fit.

regards

--
Erich Minderlein <erminderlein at locoware.de>
MARC Mannheim Rail Commerce GmbH

PS American Puritan search engines do not like strong four letter words,
maybe you change my xXxXxX word to something more cryptic !! Thanks .