[Grml] Dependency on console bitmap fonts

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Thu Aug 31 09:16:58 CEST 2006

* T <mlist4suntong at yahoo.com> [20060830 22:15]:

> I'm not used to the new console-terminus font, and would perfer the
> traditional one. However, I can't remove it:

> $ apt-get remove --purge console-terminus
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   console-terminus* grml* grml-autoconfig* grml-debugtools* grml-etc* grml-x*
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 6 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

> Would it be a better idea to have this extra eye candy to be recommended,
> as opposed to required?

> I was able to remove it in grml0.7 and didn't have any problem with that...

The dependency was introduced because grml uses the font as default
now.

But there's no reason to remove the package at all because it's
possible to deactivate the font anyway. In live-cd mode you can use
the 'nodefaultfont' bootoption (as stated in Release Notes of grml
0.8). On your hd-installation setting the consolefont can be done
also via $CONSOLEFONT in /etc/grml/autoconfig. Just set it to a font
you like, if you notice any problems feel free to drop me a note.

You like grml?  Help us!      http://grml.org/donations/
Already on the grml-user-map? http://www.frappr.com/grmlusers
Grml Solutions                http://solutions.grml.org/