[Grml] Grml's dhcp client

T mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 15 17:59:52 CEST 2006

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:07:53 +0200, Michael Prokop wrote:

>> My network is not initiated on grml 0.7 hd install boot up. I have to
>> manually started it up afterward. I'm wondering why this is happening.
>
>> - Is it because I've changed my dhcp client from pump to dhclient?
>
> What do you mean with 'changed my dhcp client from pump do dhclient'? How
> did you change it?

I'm running grml 0.7 on hd install, so I removed the pump package and
installed the dhclient, ie, the dhcpcd package, by

 apt-get install pump- dhcpcd

To me, pump is more RedHat's choice, and dhclient has always been
Debian's. Hope we have dhclient as the dhcp client for grml in the
future. But that's only my personal flavor though.