[Grml] Missing lo device

Werner Schuster (murphee) werner.schuster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 23:17:14 CEST 2006

Michael Prokop wrote:
> What does:
>
> # grep -e ifup -e network /etc/runlevel.conf
>
> return? As a reference take a look at:

15      -       0,6             /etc/init.d/wpa-ifupdown
18      -       S               /etc/init.d/ifupdown-clean
35      -       0,6             /etc/init.d/networking
36      -       S               /etc/init.d/ifupdown

> Is anything missing on your system?

The difference to your output from this grep is that
35      -       0,6             /etc/init.d/networking
has 0,6 where your version has S. I presume those are runlevels or
something like that;

> If not a "ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up" put into
> /etc/init.d/bootlocal.last should fix the issue in the meantime for
> your.

OK, thanks; so at least I don't have to do the ifconfig manually on startup;

Have a groovy vacation;

murphee