[Grml] Re: USB boot success: grml-big-0.5 + grml2hd-0.5.5

Mark or2uvma02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Nov 23 23:37:12 CET 2005

> Maybe my explanation helps. Think about it. There's no other way to
> install a system with a live-cd. Unless you want to download all
> packages from the net again.
>
> greets Jimmy

It's fairly simple.  You boot the live CD.  It has services you don't
want on installed to the USB drive.  So, the installer script, prior to
copy-all, just invokes the CD's own package manager and un-installs the
unwanted packages from the running CD system.  Then it performs the
copy-all to hard disk.

Nothing extra to download, nothing extra to delete from the hard drive.
All done with package management.  Faster execution time and no bad
error/warning messages.

Thank you Jimmy,
Mark